JUVÉDERM® is a cosmetic treatment used to volumize cheeks, smooth parentheses lines, smooth vertical lip lines, or plump the lips. This hyaluronic acid-based dermal filler was first approved by the FDA in 2006 and has been safely used in millions of patients.
JUVÉDERM is a non-surgical treatment that takes between 15-60 minutes. Results start to appear right away and may last 1-2 years.
There are several products within the JUVÉDERM family and each product is used to treat specific problems for patients.
The JUVÉDERM Product Line
Results by Product
- JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™XC – Softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding subtle volume around the nose and mouth.
- JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC – Adds volume to the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults.
- JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA®XC – Adds subtle volume to lips and softens the appearance of vertical lip lines.
- JUVÉDERM®XC – Smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth.
- JUVÉDERM®Ultra XC – Adds fullness and plumps lips as well as smooths and corrects moderate to severe parentheses lines in adults.
Products by Target Area
- Cheeks – JUVÉDERM VOLUMA®XC
- Facial Lines and wrinkles – JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™XC and JUVÉDERM® XC
- Lips – JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA®XC and JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with this product may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
The JUVÉDERM® XC Consultation
Dr. Rudderman believes the first consult is critical to both you and him. It is during this time that you both achieve a mutual understanding, trust and respect. The information you provide is essential to tailoring the right treatment plan and realistic goals. Dr. Rudderman will listen carefully and sensitively before developing your personalized treatment plan.
JUVÉDERM Voluma® Procedure
JUVÉDERM Voluma® XC is injected by Dr. Rudderman or his Aesthetic Specialist, under the skin using a fine needle. It can instantly add just enough volume to gently lift the cheek area. Look up to 5 years younger at 6 months after treatment.
JUVÉDERM® XC, Volbella®, and Voluma® all contain an anesthetic, called lidocaine, to help reduce discomfort during your treatment.
JUVÉDERM Voluma® XC Frequently Asked Questions
Search our list of FAQs for the answers you are looking for.