Multitudes of women today are having breast revision surgery for different reasons including time has influenced their perception of beauty and balance, their original surgery did not meet their expectations but they just lived with it, old implants need to be replaced with today’s softer, more natural ones, pregnancy has caused weight and shape changes, new lifestyles now require change.
Breast revision surgery is common because of change and often because earlier in life the woman and her surgeon’s perception of “balance” were not the same.
How Women Benefit from Surgery
Breast implant revision surgery can achieve the following:
- Revision surgery can soften breasts hardened by scar tissue
- Old or deflated implants can be replaced with new soft, natural ones
- Revision surgery can reduce the visibility of old implants
- Repositioning breasts reduces the ability to feel implants through the skin
- Replacing old implants creates a natural look and a softer feel
- Breast symmetry can be corrected
- Corrects breast shape
- New implants achieve the size, shape, symmetry you want today
- Today’s implants create a soft, natural balance to match your age, your body, and your lifestyle today
Who’s a Good Candidate
Do you have one more of the following concerns?
- Old implants that are now deflated
- Scarring from a previous breast surgery
- Extensive asymmetry from previous surgery
- Capsular contracture (hardened scar tissue)
- Your size or shape is out of balance with your body
- Breasts are too wide, low, close, high, or asymmetric
- Muscle contractions and daily activities cause excessive movement
- Breasts have changed and you no longer need or want your breast implants
If you answered yes to one or more of these concerns, you could be an ideal candidate for breast implant revision surgery.
Your Surgery Consultation
Dr. Rudderman believes the consultation is critical for you and him. During your consultation, he will listen carefully to your concerns and goals, do a thorough evaluation of your health, activities, general history, and then design a treatment plan that is best suited to you. You will be well educated with all your questions answered. This is done in an embracing, relaxing environment. The consultation evolves a sense of trust, respect, mutual understanding, and a personalized treatment plan.
After your first consultation with Dr. Rudderman, you will realize that there truly is a difference in how surgeons approach their profession. For Dr. Rudderman that difference means understanding your desires and goals while providing a level of service that places safety and comfort alongside predictable & pleasing outcomes.
Real Patient Reviews
Written and reviewed by:
This article was written by Dr. Randy Rudderman, who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (1994). He practices medicine at his offices in Alpharetta and Atlanta.
Learn more about Dr. Rudderman, his medical training, and credentials.
Breast Revision Surgery Frequently Asked Questions
Search our list of FAQs for the answers you are looking for.