Have Fun in the Sun with EltaMD
According to the Skin Cancer Foundation, one in five Americans will develop Skin Cancer in their lifetime. May is Skin Cancer Awareness Month, and what better time than now to be safe in the sun. EltaMD sunscreen has you covered from head to toe.
EltaMD sunscreens are physical blocks that have high percentages of zinc which make them better than any drugstore brands. Don’t worry their products will not leave a white film on your face. This affordable skincare line sold at Dr. Rudderman’s office will protect you from UVA and UVB rays all summer long. All EltaMD sunscreens help prevent sunburn and decrease the risk of skin cancer if used as directed. The sunscreens are fragrance-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free and noncomedogenic which means they are safe for the entire family.
Here are some helpful tips to be sun smart:
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every day.
- Examine your skin thoroughly every month.
- Avoid tanning beds. Opt for sunless tanner or a spray tan.
- Seek the shade when the sun’s rays are the strongest from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Reapply sunscreen every two hours or immediately after swimming or excessive sweating.
- See your physician every year for a professional skin exam.
- Apply sunscreen generously before going outside. It takes approximately 15 minutes for your skin to absorb the sunscreen.
- Apply sunscreen to every exposed part of the body.
Don’t forget to pack your EltaMD sunscreen in your beach tote this summer!
Do your part and wear sunscreen because Skin Cancer is one of the most preventable forms of cancer. Elta MD has a sunscreen for everyone even those with sensitive skin.
In honor of Skin Cancer Awareness month, we are offering a 15% discount on all EltaMD skincare until June. Stop in today and let us help you find your best sunscreen!