Why is Peeling so Appealing?
Imagine a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that can make your skin more vibrant and youthful. A chemical peel can do that and more in just a mere hour.
According to the American Association of Plastic Surgeons, chemical peels were in the top five minimally invasive procedures in 2011, with 1.1 million people opting for the skin revitalizing treatment. A chemical peel reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Pesky age spots, dark spots, and hyper-pigmentation are minimized as well.
Don’t let the word “chemical” deter you from having this beneficial treatment. When performed by a trained professional, chemical peels are a safe and inexpensive way to refine your skin’s appearance.
Not all chemical peels are the same. The depth and strength of the peel vary based on the strength of the chemicals used and the length of time the solution is applied. A professionally trained medical esthetician can assess your skin, and pick out which is right for your skin type. Chemical peels are not just for the ladies. Men can also enjoy the rewards of a chemical peel.
For those new to the world of chemical peels, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Don’t try this at home. Just because it is sold on the internet, doesn’t mean it is safe to use! Consult with a trained professional who will determine what is best for you specifically.
- If you are on Retin-A or a Retinol discuss this with your medical esthetician prior to your treatment.
- Within 24 hours of the treatment, don’t go swimming or workout.
- Keep your contact with the sun at a minimum. Wear your sunscreen. No tanning beds! (It’s bad for you anyways and causes sun damage).
- Do ask your esthetician about proper skincare after the treatment.
- Do use a mineral makeup with SPF?
- Did I mention its talc free? That is very important because talc can make the skin dry.
For the best results, treatments should always be done at your Plastic Surgeon’s office. Now it’s time to reveal your best skin with a chemical peel.