Here’s the scenario: Your friends discuss a doctor who they claim is Board Certified and is supposed to be “the best” and you have to question if they are really sure he is the best.
Hoping to look better than ever, you book an appointment, but what you don’t know is that this surgeon is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, which means she lacks the proper training, education, and experience to perform any cosmetic procedure.
Don’t fall victim to the potential pitfalls that come along with having a non-Board Certified doctor perform your plastic surgery procedure. Make sure you know what to look for and what to avoid when you are searching for a Plastic Surgeon.
Here are Five Essentials You Need to Know:
- Any Board Certified doctor is legally certified to practice medicine. But not are all trained or have the knowledge and education to practice Cosmetic Procedures.
- Plastic surgeons receive certification from the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
- Becoming a Board Certified doctor is not a quick and easy process.
- Being a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon means that you have undergone the required minimum of five years of training to ensure that you have the experience and knowledge to perform a procedure limited to that specialty with consistently good results.
- There are several years of medical school, residency and training that need to be completed, followed by lengthy and difficult written and oral exams that must be passed.
Choosing a plastic surgeon you can trust with excellent credentials and experience is the essential first step in achieving your plastic surgical goals.
Since 1989, Dr. Randy Rudderman has been in private Plastic Surgery practice in Atlanta, focusing on the full range of aesthetic procedures from eyelid surgery and breast augmentation and breast lifts to liposuction, abdominoplasty, and facial reconstruction. Dr. Rudderman is Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons and is a member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgery & the American Board of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.