So after days, months, or even years of considering plastic surgery, you have finally made the decision to schedule surgery. Your dream body will soon become a reality. Patients oftentimes inquire about what can help them have a speedy and successful recovery.
Here are some helpful tips for our patients.
- Get your life in order before surgery. Shop for groceries, run errands, and clean your home before surgery. Meal prepping is always helpful before surgery. Cook healthy meals that can be frozen. Having these tasks already done allows for you to relax and focus on recovery.
- Have your wardrobe ready before surgery. You will want comfy clothes to wear to surgery. Buttoned down shirts, zip-up hoodies, and drawstring pants are great for patients. Some patients even prefer to wear pajamas. Comfort is key!
- Rehydrate your body often. Surgery of any kind can reduce fluids in your body. Drinking water frequently will help replenish these lost fluids.
- Always attend your follow- up appointments. This is an easy way to have your questions answered by your surgeon while providing you with needed support during your recovery.
- Follow all post-op instructions as directed. Don’t engage in exercise or strenuous activities until advised to do so.
- Ask for help doing things. Although you may feel fine and well, remember you just had surgery. Take a break from carrying bags, vacuuming, laundry, etc. Friends and family can always lend a hand.
- Rest up! Sleep is one of the best and easiest ways to speed up recovery.