Sexy Abs After Childbirth
Have you ever wondered why your abs haven’t bounced back after childbirth? Do you have a “pooch” that often has people questioning your pregnancy status? It seems no amount of diet and exercise help flatten your post-pregnancy tummy.
You could have diastasis recti which is muscle separation of the abdomen. Diastasis recti is very common and two-thirds of women have this condition. This separation prevents you from having the washboard abs that you may have had pre-pregnancy.
Who is Most Likely to Have Diastasis Recti?
- Women who have had more than one child
- Mothers who are over 35 years of age
- Mothers who have had births with multiples twins, triplets, etc.
- Mothers who have given birth to a larger child
Diastasis recti can be surgically repaired by abdominoplasty more commonly known as a tummy tuck. Abdominoplasty removes excess fat and skin and restores weakened or separated muscles creating an abdominal wall that is flatter and firmer. I make an incision at the pubic bone and works through it to remove excess fat, loose skin, and to tighten and reposition muscles. The incision is easily concealed under a bikini bottom, and scarring will fade over time. The results of a tummy tuck are technically permanent, but maintaining a healthy weight is imperative.
Who is a Good Candidate for Tummy Tuck Surgery?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may be a good candidate for surgery.
- Do you have loss of skin elasticity from pregnancy/ weight changes?
- Do you still look pregnant and other people think you are?
- Do you have a lower abdominal pooch?
- Do you have fat deposits and loose skin that resists even the best diet & rigorous exercise?
- Are you in good health and have realistic expectations?
One patient said:
Before my surgery, people asked me when my baby was due. I already had my babies! It was quite embarrassing. Now I feel confident to wear fitted dresses and bikinis.
As a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, I have helped thousands of patients with diastasis recti. With over 25 years of experience, I can help you look and feel your best after pregnancy!