Corrective Surgery for Large Areolas & Nipples
Most women today are aware of breast augmentation and breast lift procedures to change the size, shape, contour, and position of the breast. Few know about areolar surgery to change the size and shape of the areola in a safe and predictable manner. Patients seldom realize that isolated problems of the nipples and areolas can be corrected. Let’s clarify.
A lot of patients refer to this region as their nipples but there are two different components. The nipple is the central part that normally protrudes. The flatter disk-shaped portion is known as the areola. The nipple and areola together should complement the breast size and shape. Inverted nipples, large areolas, and protruding or “puffy” nipples can cause frustrations and self-consciousness.
Whether genetics or pregnancy has impacted the look of the nipple and/or areola, Dr. Rudderman is compassionate with his care and has helped many women achieve pleasing results. Nipple reduction and areolar surgeries are very popular today to restore balance to the breasts. These surgeries should be trusted in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon such as Dr. Rudderman.
Benefits of Areolar Surgery
- Reduces the size of the areola to balance it with the breast
- Improves the symmetry of the nipple/areolar area
- Reduces puffiness of the areola
- Removes prominent bumps often caused by nipple stimulation
- Mimics the effect of a slight breast lift
- Results in a more youthful-looking breast
Benefits of Nipple Surgery
- Achieves normal nipple projection
- Keeps nipple from sinking into the breast
- Rejuvenates nipples after pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Gives the patient improved confidence in intimate situations
- Patients can achieve beautiful, natural results
Nipple and/or areolar surgeries are often performed in tandem with breast lifts or breast augmentations. Dr.Rudderman’s goal is to deliver the best plastic surgery results in a safe environment with your concerns in mind. Patients have trusted him for years, and you can too!
Call to schedule your consultation today.